Thursday, January 29, 2009

Goosed by a Goose

I have recently taken it upon myself to be the sole provider for the ducks and geese on the river by the Temple, since they get ignored in the winter. I hoard old bread until I can find time to hope on over there, since I only live a few blocks away.
Today though, was not the simple, happy experience I usually expect. The geese were the only interested party when I pulled out my old hamburger buns and were so hungry that they came right up to me. There I was, screaming my head off as I was rushed by a group of huge "THHH!"ing geese, while Jake laughed from a few yards away. They backed me against a tree and I started bawling, while my supposed knight in shining armor looked on and giggled with glee.

Later, now that I am home, warm, and most of my tears have dried, I can nearly reflect with even temperedness.
Jake and I have been discovering and falling in love with Idaho Falls a little more every day. We live in the historic downtown district and there is so much to do, even as a broke couple! There are walking tours, the ducks (obviously), and the most amazing library! We go there a lot. It is in a beautiful three story building, with a Koi pond and a super cool children's section. The best part is that it is in walking distance-not that I'll walk :)

I LOVE my job. I get to teach part time in the morning in a second grade classroom, and in the afternoons I head up the after school reading program for students who struggle to read. Every day I come home with new stories for Jake.
Jake, in the meantime, is still looking for a job, but has a few good leads. He just took the qualifying exam to be a census interviewer, and we're waiting on a call from them. In the meantime, he has become head chef and has skills far surpassing mine. He is so great. He also is studying up to take his EMT test so he can finally have his certificate.

We just go called to team teach the sunbeams in our ward. I'm glad Jake is with me, because all the little three year old boys ADORE him. We have a good time and work very hard to help the kids with the transition from nursery to primary. Now, if only they could make sharing time interesting to a mother-missing three and a half year old.

We're loving doing great, we love and miss our friends and fam, and we couldn't be happier!

2 comments:

Fluffy Momma said...

yeah! you updated your blog!!! lol i miss you guys too. i'm glad you guys are having fun and chasing geese and all that stuff! love you!
Casey

Tuzi Salz said...

I laughed out loud in the library reading this one. Yes, I am going to make more than one comment on your blog in a day because I am making up for lost time